Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 21, 2020



Haven't written in a while. Funny how cathartic it is. When my world was spinning, writing kept me grounded. Gave me a focus if only for a short time. I felt the blank page calling to me this morning. Weird morning. So many random thoughts and people shuffling through my gray matter. I found myself thinking of the people who aren't with us right now...my dad, my Wyndy, my grandma. I miss them so very much. This particular time of self-isolation would have been nearly impossible for my dad. He didn't sit still very well.

And in this time of isolation and quarantine, I worry about the folks who already suffer and struggle with depression and anxiety. I find myself staring down that hole and having to climb out of it at times. I, like so many, am struggling to find some meaning in these crazy times. I have been fortunate to keep my job and go to it daily. But running a doctors office brings me more risk of exposure to the virus. I have friends who have been laid off, both in the hospitality industry and not. I also have friends who are doing all they can for their community, in feeding the masses and/or donating what they can. I have friends who are healthcare workers, police officers, fire rescue, and front liners. I have a few friends who have battled this virus personally and won.

I saw a post recently about how we should stop saying we are all in the same boat. We are all battling the same storm but in very DIFFERENT boats. Some are working, some are not. Some are staying afloat and some are worried about sinking soon. Some are very outspoken about their boat and others are silent.  Stop assuming that because we are in the same storm, your boat is just like mine. It isn't. Check on the people you haven't seen or heard from. A quick message may be just what they need to keep their boat afloat.

I am so thankful that my family has, thus far, stayed healthy and safe. I am worried about our world. I worry about the information we are fed and wonder if the information I find is true and accurate. I am tech-savvy enough to know where to look but still wonder....

Do not assume I write for attention or sympathy. I write because it helps me process.

If you are still reading, you are probably a very important person in my life and please know that I love you!

1 comment: